Experience Holiday Magic at the Silverton Christmas Market This Year
Stunning Christmas light displays, good food, time well spent with family and friends, and a little bit of holiday magic are waiting for you at the Silverton Christmas Market in Silverton Oregon. If you’re not able to make it to the North Pole this year, this is the next best option; the perfect way to kick off the 2022 holiday season with your family. To say we’re excited is an understatement! This year promises to be better than ever before.
The 2022 Silverton Christmas Market At The Oregon Garden Resort
Love Oregon? Subscribe to our newsletter!
Get the latest from That Oregon Life delivered to your email.
This gorgeous annual Christmas light display and holiday market officially kicks off on November 25th, 2022, and runs until December 31, 2022. (Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.) Each night the event runs from 5-9 pm.
Formerly known as Christmas In The Garden, this annual holiday spectacular is held at the Oregon Garden resort
Recognized in the 2022 Best of the Willamette Valley Awards as Silver for Best Charity Event, this annual event aims to support the community of Silverton through partnerships with local non-profits and discounted admission for Silverton residents to experience the magic. It has become a beloved family tradition over the past decade.
The activities here are endless with all kinds of things to keep both you and your littles happy and busy.
The immersive lighted path is loaded with more than a million Christmas lights.
The Silverton Christmas Market has opportunities to take photos with Santa or Frosty, and features live music, local brews in the Biergarten, international food and drink, as well as handmade goods at the authentic German Christmas market. Children will delight in zipping down the snowless tubing hill and walking down the gorgeously festive lighted paths.
Getting something delicious from the sweets booth and meandering around with a steaming cup of hot chocolate is an absolute must. Adults will love the Biergarten and “spiked” beverages like Fireball Cider. My personal favorite is the warm, mulled Gluhwein. German foods take the spotlight here with fare ranging from schnitzel and yummy sauerkraut-topped hot dogs.
Take the kids for some snowless tubing fun after taking traditional pictures with Santa or Frosty.
Did you know your four-legged friends are more than welcome to enjoy the festivities as well? Bring your well-behaved pooches and adventurous felines (with leashes for everybody, please).
Each evening features live music and carolers roaming the gardens. Take it all in as you shop for handmade gifts and imported German goods at the vendor booths.
Silverton Christmas Market Information
- Dates: November 25th, 2022 – December 31st, 2022 (closed December 24th and 25th).
- Time: 5 pm – 9 pm.
- Parking And Directions: VIP parking is available on-site at the resort for $20, and shuttles are available to and from offsite parking. Get more info about parking and directions for the event here.
- Tickets: Kids 5 and under are free. Cost of admission for those over 5 years old varies depending on the night:
- Monday – Wednesday
- General Admission is $15 for adults, and $5 for kids ages 6-12. Silverton residents pay $13 with proof of residence.
- Thursday – Sunday
- General Admission is $18 for adults, and $8 for kids ages 6-12. Silverton residents pay $16 with proof of residence.
- Snowless tubing tickets can be added on.
- Get your tickets here before they sell out
- Monday – Wednesday
- Overnight Package: Stay in the resort during the event. Some of the rooms have decks that overlook the lighted displays, and some are also pet-friendly. You’ll get entry into the event for each person on the package, overnight accommodations, and breakfast the next morning. This is the perfect cozy romantic holiday getaway! Book your stay here.
Get more information about the event on their website HERE. Follow their Facebook HERE. Get more information about the Oregon Garden Resort here.
Have you been to the Silverton Christmas Market? What’s your favorite lighted display? Mine is the one dedicated to Krampus, Saint Nick’s slightly evil German counterpart. Comment and tag the friends and family you want to go with this year!