35th Birthday Ideas and Tips
Who just had a birthday during this pandemic? This girl. Scroll below for some fun 35th birthday ideas.
I know. There have been crickets around here for a while. I feel like every time I try to get myself organized then something just comes along and throws a wrench in that plan. This time, of course, it was COVID. I know I’m not alone with this one. Going from having a busy routine to utter chaos and quarantining all while my husband and I still maintained our regular working schedule but suddenly found ourselves attempting to stay on top of three kids’ schoolwork schedules is not for weak. My eldest does pretty well managing her things on her own, but the younger two? I constantly had to look over their shoulders to make sure they didn’t have another tab open on their Chromebooks playing a game.
Well, at least I can say that today school is officially out for the summer! And none of us know how this next year will look yet.
Anyways, also during this time we finally refinanced our house, and have been attempting (very slowly) to do a bunch of repairs. The list is long and I think it will probably keep us busy for the next six months finishing things. Someday I’ll have before and after pictures to show on here. In the meantime, today I’d like to share about 35th birthday ideas since I just happened to turn 35.
35th Birthday Ideas and Tips
Last weekend we had our first little break in literally months. It was my 35th birthday weekend and the Oregon coast had just reopened a couple of days prior. I completely impulsively rented a duplex unit that was on the beach with a hot tub for three nights to hunker down in. It was worth every penny. I wasn’t sure who was still quarantining or not, but last minute I invited 3 friends to join me for Friday night, then my husband and kids came down Saturday afternoon.
Being me of course…had to have some decorations and treats. I got down there about an hour earlier than everyone else and set up some balloon garland, flowers, mini bar, and snacks.
It amazes me how quickly time flies when you are relaxing. Three nights sounds like a decent amount of time, but when you think about all of the prep work and loading the first and last day, it’s just not quite enough time. Sunday was nice…I relaxed all day. But do you ever find that when you actually take a day to relax you just realize how exhausted you are? We got back two days ago and I’m still feeling exhausted.
35th Birthday Tips:
- Make it intimate – perhaps go somewhere for a slumber party style night with your closest friends.
- Extend it – 35 is a big deal – extend the weekend so your family can celebrate as well.
- Pre-plan meals – Instead of having to shop last minute or have people asking you what you want for your birthday, pre-plan the meals. You can have others cook them if they’d like, but have everything ready. It will save you stress in the end. I bought filet mignon for us one night at then brought one of our Home Chef meal kits for another.
- Bring things that help you relax – I brought nearly a dozen magazines that I never had a chance to read, as well as face masks, hair masks, etc.
- Make a fun memorable gift – While I didn’t take many photos of them, I made custom pajama shirts for everyone to wear. It’s silly but helped make the weekend a little more fun.
- Above all, think about what YOU want, and do that – with everything closed, there’s not much that we can do right now. I thought about it, and all I wanted was to be in a hot tub overlooking the ocean, with plenty of snacks and beverages that I like.
Who cares if you have to plan your own birthday? I tend to be a bit of a control freak and like doing that anyway. I know I’ll always enjoy it that way!
Looking for decoration and party ideas? Here are the items that I purchased for my party:
Never Have I Ever Girl’s Edition
Looking for more fun birthday ideas? Check out the Birthday Category at Melissa Kaylene.
(Visited 6,561 times, 3 visits today)
35th Birthday Ideas and Tips was last modified: June 10th, 2020 by