🌱National Press For Beaverton Truffle Hunter + State Of The City
Happy Monday, Beaverton! Let’s start today off on an informed note, shall we? Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in Beaverton today.
First, today’s weather:
Increasing amounts of sun. High: 49 Low: 36.
Here are the top five stories in Beaverton today:
- The case of a Molalla woman brutally killed on Allen Boulevard in November 2018 was brought to a closure last week when Norbeto Nestor Muniz Jr. was convicted of murder by a Washington County jury. Learn the details of the death of Amy Low at KOIN.com.
- A Beaverton woman’s truffle hunting strategies were recently featured in The Wall Street Journal. Maura Malone works with her dog, Magnolia, to uncover the umami-rich fungi. Her 45-mile treks require a strict training regimen. Click over to the feature to see a beautiful tribute to our regional bounty.
- What’s in store for us in the week ahead weather-wise? Find out at the Beaverton Patch.
- Check on the local real estate market with a roundup of five local houses for sale via the Beaverton Patch. Possibilities include a condo on Southwest Alice Lane for just $250,000 and a mid-century family home on Southwest Saratoga Lane for $629,900.
- Mark your calendars for Mayor Lacey Beaty’s annual State of the City address. Scheduled to be held virtually, the event will premiere online Tuesday, March 29, 2022 at 12:00 PM. This year’s theme is “Beaverton Voices.” (Facebook)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Beaverton Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Beaverton:
- Family Storytime – Log on with Beaverton City Library for stories, songs and more for the 8 and under crowd. Register to get the link. (10:15 AM – 10:35 AM)
- Dreamers, Leaders & Legends: Ruby Bridges – Beaverton City Library hosts an online event for kids in grades K-5. Register to get the link. (4:00 PM – 4:45 PM)
- Chris Stone Jazz Band – At the Garages Satellite Pub offers live music at their new home in Lake O. $5. (6:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Beaverton City Library offers a way to spruce up your wardrobe! “Join us for our first ever Community Clothing Swap next Saturday!” (Facebook)
- The Tualatin Valley visitors association wants to help you support Black-owned businesses #BlackHistoryMonth. Click over for a list of local businesses, which includes Hayat African Halal Restaurant where you can find some of the most authentic Somali sambusas (samosas) in the area. (Twitter)
Loving the Beaverton Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Monday. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Ash DeMello